Lassi is a traditional Indian yogurt drink that is perfect for any time of day. It’s refreshing, healthy, and can be customized to your liking. This recipe for pineapple mango lassi is a delicious and tropical twist on the classic.
- 1 cup plain yogurt1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple1/2 cup chopped fresh mango1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (optional)1/4 cup ice1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.Taste and adjust sweetness or spices to your liking.Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- For a thinner lassi, add more water or milk.For a thicker lassi, use less ice or freeze the yogurt beforehand.You can also use frozen mango or pineapple in this recipe.If you don’t have cardamom, you can substitute with another spice like ginger or cinnamon.Lassi is best enjoyed fresh, but it will keep in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Here are the benefits of Pineapple Mango Lassi:
Cool and Refreshing:
- Perfect for beating the heat and staying hydrated.
- The combination of yogurt, fruit, and ice creates a delightfully cool and creamy texture.
Packed with Nutrients:
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants from pineapple and mango.
- Yogurt provides protein, calcium, and probiotics for gut health.
- Yogurt’s probiotics promote healthy digestion and gut flora.
- Pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme that aids protein digestion.
- Vitamin C in pineapple and mango supports immune system function.
- Antioxidants help protect cells from damage.
- Mango and pineapple contain compounds with anti-inflammatory potential.
- May help reduce inflammation in the body.
Supports Heart Health:
- Pineapple may help reduce blood pressure and improve circulation.
- Mango contains fiber and potassium, which are beneficial for heart health.
Hydrating and Electrolyte-Rich:
- Provides fluids and electrolytes, especially important during hot weather or physical activity.
Natural Energy Boost:
- Natural sugars from fruit provide a quick energy boost.
- Yogurt’s protein helps sustain energy levels.
Versatility and Customization:
- Easily adjust sweetness, thickness, and spice level to suit individual preferences.
- Can be enjoyed as a breakfast, snack, dessert, or post-workout drink.
- Adaptable to vegan and dairy-free diets using plant-based yogurt.
Overall, Pineapple Mango Lassi is a delicious and nutritious drink that offers a range of health benefits. It’s a great way to cool down, boost your nutrient intake, support digestion, and enjoy a taste of the tropics.
Pineapple Mango Lassi with Blender: FAQs
Q: What’s the easiest way to make pineapple mango lassi?
A: This recipe keeps it simple! Just toss chopped pineapple, mango, yogurt, ice, and a touch of sweetener in your blender and whizz it up until smooth. It’s a tropical treat in minutes!
Q: Can I skip the honey in the recipe?
A: Absolutely! Both fruits are naturally sweet, so the honey is simply optional. Taste after blending and adjust to your preference.
Q: How thick should the lassi be?
A: It’s all about personal taste! For a thinner consistency, add a splash of water or milk. Want it thicker? Less ice or pre-freeze your yogurt for a smoothie-like texture.
Q: Fresh or frozen fruit? Which is better?
A: Both work! Fresh offers vibrant flavors, while frozen adds a frosty layer. Use what you have on hand or experiment with both to see what you favor.
Q: I don’t have cardamom. Any substitutes?
A: Sure! Ground ginger or cinnamon offer warmth and spice. You can also skip it altogether for a simpler taste.
Q: Can I make this vegan?
A: Definitely! Use plant-based yogurt like coconut or soy. Choose your sweetener based on dietary restrictions, and remember to adjust consistency as needed.
Q: How long does leftover lassi keep?
Freshness is key, but stored in an airtight container in the fridge, it should last up to 24 hours. The flavors might meld slightly, but it’ll still be delicious!
Q: Any tips for a fancier presentation?
A: Go for chilled glasses rimmed with a sprinkle of sugar and chopped mango or pineapple. Garnish with a sprig of mint for a pop of color and refreshment.
Q: Can I add anything else to my lassi?
Yes! Get creative! A squeeze of lime juice adds tang, while a pinch of cayenne pepper brings a subtle kick. Experiment with other tropical fruits like papaya or guava for a unique twist.