Calling all pumpkin and chocolate enthusiasts! Craving a dessert that’s both cozy and sophisticated? Look no further than this Chocolate-Covered Cherry Spiced Pumpkin Bread recipe, made with the magic of your trusty blender. Get ready to whip up a batch of pure autumnal delight in no time, bursting with warm spices, juicy cherries, and rich chocolate decadence.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Blender Bliss: Ditch the elbow grease and let your blender handle the heavy lifting. No need for messy mixers or endless flour sifting!
- Flavor Explosion: Spiced pumpkin meets juicy cherries for a delightful dance on your taste buds. The hint of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger adds a warm hug in every bite.
- Chocolate Heaven: We’re not skimping on the cocoa here. A silky chocolate ganache drizzle takes this bread to the next level of indulgence.
- Effortlessly Elegant: This recipe is perfect for impressing guests or indulging yourself. It’s simple enough for a weeknight treat but stunning enough for any special occasion.
Gather Your Ingredients:
- For the Pumpkin Bread:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Let’s Get Blending!
- Dry Blitz: Combine flour, baking soda, powder, salt, and spices in your blender. Blitz until fluffy.
- Wet Whirl: Add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Fold & Flourish: Gently fold in chopped walnuts and cherries with a spatula. Gradually add dry ingredients until just combined. Don’t overmix!
- Batter Up! Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Ganache Goals: While the bread cools, heat heavy cream in a small saucepan until simmering. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and glossy. Let cool slightly.
- Chocolatey Drizzle: Drizzle the cooled ganache over the cooled bread. Get creative! Swirl it, drizzle it, or flood it – the choice is yours.
- Slice & Savor: Slice the bread and prepare to be amazed. Each bite is a symphony of textures and flavors: fluffy pumpkin, tart cherries, crunchy walnuts, and rich chocolate.
Tips & Tricks:
- For an extra moist crumb, substitute applesauce for half of the oil.
- Feeling adventurous? Add a teaspoon of espresso powder to the ganache for a mocha twist.
- Don’t have walnuts? No problem! Try pecans, almonds, or even chopped dates for a different textural experience.
- This bread freezes beautifully! Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to two months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before enjoying.
So, there you have it! This Chocolate-Covered Cherry Spiced Pumpkin Bread recipe is sure to become a fall favorite. With its blender-friendly ease, explosion of flavors, and elegant presentation, it’s the perfect way to cozy up and celebrate the season. So grab your blender, gather your ingredients, and get ready to whip up a culinary whirlwind in your kitchen!
Benefits Of Chocolate-Covered Cherry Spiced Pumpkin Bread:
- Pumpkin: Loaded with vitamins A, C, and E, fiber, and antioxidants, pumpkin puree adds a healthy dose of nutrients to the bread.
- Cherries: These juicy gems are rich in antioxidants, anthocyanins (linked to improved brain health), and vitamin C.
- Nuts (optional): Walnuts, pecans, or almonds offer healthy fats, protein, and fiber for a more satiating treat.
- Dark chocolate (optional): Rich in antioxidants and flavanols, dark chocolate can contribute to heart health in moderation.
- Warm spices: Cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger add a captivating warmth and depth of flavor that perfectly complements the pumpkin and chocolate.
- Tart cherries: Their juicy sweetness creates a delightful contrast to the richness of the chocolate and the warmth of the spices.
- Chocolate ganache: Silky and decadent, the chocolate drizzle elevates the bread to a dessert masterpiece.
Convenience and Customization:
- Blender-friendly: This recipe requires minimal effort thanks to the trusty blender, making it perfect for busy weeknights or baking with kids.
- Easily customizable: Feel free to adjust the spices, nuts, and toppings to suit your preferences and dietary needs.
- Freezes beautifully: Enjoy this delicious bread whenever you crave it by simply storing it in the freezer for up to two months.
Overall, the Chocolate-Covered Cherry Spiced Pumpkin Bread offers a delightful combination of taste, nutrition, and ease. It’s a guilt-free indulgence that warms you up from the inside out, perfect for any occasion!
FAQs: Chocolate-Covered Cherry Spiced Pumpkin Bread with Blender
Q: Can I make this pumpkin bread without a blender?
A: Absolutely! While the blender simplifies the process, you can easily achieve the same delicious results using a stand mixer or even good old-fashioned whisking. Just follow the same recipe instructions, mixing the wet and dry ingredients separately until well combined before gently folding everything together.
Q: What if I don’t have all the spices?
A: No worries! Feel free to play with the spice mix according to your preferences. Skip the ginger for a warmer, sweeter bread, or add a pinch of cloves for a deeper, more complex flavor. You can even substitute pumpkin pie spice for a simpler approach.
Q: Can I use other nuts instead of walnuts?
A: Go for it! Pecans, almonds, or even chopped dates are all fantastic alternatives that add different textural and flavor dimensions. You can even omit the nuts altogether if you prefer a smoother texture.
Q: How can I make the ganache even richer?
A: For an extra decadent touch, try using dark chocolate chips instead of semisweet. You can also add a tablespoon of butter or a splash of rum to the melted chocolate for an extra layer of richness and complexity.
Q: Do I need to refrigerate the leftover bread?
A: While the bread will keep at room temperature for a couple of days, refrigerating it will extend its shelf life and preserve its moistness. Simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container.
Q: How can I freeze the bread for later?
A: This bread freezes beautifully! Once completely cool, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then again in aluminum foil. Store it in the freezer for up to two months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before enjoying.
Q: Can I use canned pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree?
A: While technically possible, it’s not recommended. Pumpkin pie filling usually contains additional sugars and spices that can alter the taste and texture of the bread. Stick to plain pumpkin puree for the best results.
Q: How can I make this recipe vegan?
A: To make this recipe vegan, simply substitute the eggs with a flaxseed egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water and allowed to sit for 5 minutes) and use dairy-free alternatives like coconut oil or vegan butter for the oil and melted butter in the ganache.
Q: What toppings go well with this bread?
A. This bread is delicious on its own, but you can definitely jazz it up with toppings! A dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce, or a sprinkle of chopped nuts all add a delightful touch. For a festive twist, try a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of cherry syrup.